Evie turned four weekend-before-last and we had a lovely party for her. The theme was 'Robots & Ballerinas' as requested by the birthday girl, many of the kids came dressed accordingly which was really fun. Here's a pic of the birthday girl in her finery with the pretty cake:
Here's another of Evie with a balloon animal (thanks to Uncle Ryan!):
As can be seen below we decorated cheaply, yet effectively with:
- bunting made for Evie's first birthday party
- Evie's collection of ballet books (how can one girl own so many!)
- Rog's robot & Dexters robot book
- photos of the birthday girl
We also had colourful streamers from my 30th & some lovely balloons decorating the rest
On the table you can see all the supplies for a craft activity - make your own robot or ballerina - the kids loved it! some examples of their creativity follow:
Please excuse the fact that this next photo was taken inside with a flash (gross!). Here are the robots that Evie made, from left to right; Mummy, Daddy, Evie & Dexter (aww!)
Friday, April 27, 2012
Evie has her first day of full-time kindy today. I know, where has the time gone!! I can't believe that my first baby turned four on the weekend! We celebrated with a party with friends on Saturday, and then a lovely family day on Sunday for the actual birthday. I'll download some photos to show you in a couple of days :)
Sometimes I almost have to pinch myself when I realise that I'm a 30 year old mother of two. I mean seriously, when did I become a proper grown-up? I thought I'd have my life all 'together' by know, truly know who I am & have so much wisdom stored up! Turns out that although my body gets older I'm still the same 'Laura' on the inside, making it up as I go along. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or getting down on myself, just feeling a little introspective today.
Anyone else getting the itch to pick themselves up & get on with life?? I have to make the most of my beautiful family, & work out what gives me the most joy & fulfilment in life & do it!!
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Sorry I haven't been around much lately, it's the usual stuff - two exhausting children (!), lack of mojo & Roger's been busy & away with work. But time still marches on!
Here's some pics I took of Dex to document two months of growth!
ha, so unstyled! (messy cabinet, naked child)
Dex is so much more alert & awake at two months. He loves to have smiley chats with me, cooing all the while. He started rolling front-to-back at eight weeks too (help! my hyperactive Evie took three-and-a-half months to roll, what am I in for??) Dex still isn't keen on sleeping much during the day, catnaps are all I get, but he is still a very settled night baby which gets me through!
Dexter's one months photos are here.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
- I love so much in this photo. The dining set, kitchen cabinets, lighting, colours & general vibe. Gah, having a new lovely kitchen is such a far-off dream! From Elle Decoration, via SF Girl by Bay.
Green Kitchen Stories
decor8, these would be fun to make with a group of girlfriends *hint*
- if you're watching the new season of Mad Men (love it, hello old friends!) then you should be reading Tom & Lorenzo's write ups. Each episode has a plot & character post & a style post, ah-mazing! I love these guys!
- yes marketing gurus, I probably would like to buy a pair of bathers called MiracleSuit. I'm due for new bathers next summer, I wore my old ones until they were see-through! I'm dreaming about a lovely pre-baby body & a one-piece, you?
- this wedding brought tears to my eyes
- check out this Barbie house made of cardboard, oh to have that much patience & creativity!
- tips for planning family dinners & grocery shopping