Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dexter's room

I took these photos of Dexter's room the day before he was born, it must have been my nesting instinct kicking in!
I finished making this mobile the day I took these photos (good timing!). My inspiration came from here & here. I'm super happy with how it turned out! (and it's made from scraps, so was free!)


Fox print from oh hello dear, Sophie the Giraffe, the Kraken print from family tree design

Baby book (which I should start filling in!), thrifted plate, leadlight bear made by my mum (back in the day!), Scuffy the Tugboat mounted print from ledamae.


Here is the finished play-mat that I made for Dexter, I'm super happy with how it turned out! The centre fabric is a Japanese cotton fat quarter that I've had for a while & I picked up some matching cotton from Spotlight. I really enjoyed the hand quilting & want to do some more of it, which might involve buying a quilting frame.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Laura! Totally original and tasteful. I have been googling baby rooms and seeing everything from the sublime to the ridiculous! Dexter's is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Annie! Are you on Pinterest? that's where I get most of my inspiration & there are some lovely kids rooms on there!!

      Delete
  2. Totally love how you have decorated Dexter's room! And how about that timing, unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NAW Looks amazing- great boys room.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to read my blog & comment!